Check out these Design Gift Ideas images:
Image by fabola
We spent another magnificent afternoon at Pataphysical Studios this Saturday, making art together … and playing at the edges of time.
Our visitors this week were Jim Neidhardt (now Dr. Neidhardt) and his lovely wife Denise (Dr. Now?), longtime friends of Drs. Rindbrain, Skidz and the Queen of the Desert. Jim showed us the ‘hypno-disks’ he is working on to create experiences like this surreal Duchamp film, Anemic Cinema: youtu.be/AsnhBUp7xxM?t=24s
We had a great conversation and I knew they were like-minded folks when Dr. Neidhardt and I both exclaimed at the same time the same exact phrase: “Life IS Change!”. Jim is interested in contributing to our madcap art adventure, so stay tuned. Learn more about his work at: neidhardtstudio.com/
Throughout the day, we brainstormed more ideas for our new Time Machine, while working on sundry maker art projects:
• Dr. Rindbrain and Canard put the finishing touches on their music box
• Drs. Figurine and Heatshrink prepared to assemble a theremin together
• Dr. Fabio drew a first sketch of what a time controller might look like
• Dr. Igor and Heatshrink both gave Dr. Figurine nice gifts for her birthday
• Dr. Tout de Suite considered lighting up her goggles, chose to paint instead
• Dr. Zboon discussed time travel and made a birthday card for his friend Ernesto
• Dr. Canard created a colorful zen map, inviting other doctors to art it up
• Dr. Rindbrain added more rainbow-colored lights to the Time Machine framework
It was great to stretch out to the edges of time and back again in the company of my friends.
Fire in the hole!
View more ‘Pataphysical photos: www.flickr.com/photos/fabola/albums/72157623637793277
Watch ‘Pataphysical videos: vimeo.com/album/3051039
Learn more about Pataphysical Studios: pataphysics.us/
Possible coin purse design
Image by cinnachick
I have this idea that a small coin purse would be a worthwhile thing to make for a couple of reasons.
1: I have a LOT of scraps that are too small to do anything else with and while Boos things I should just let him roll around in them, I think they’re large enough to do something with, so I should.
2: I have a drawer of zippers that are suitable for clothing (which I seem to never make) and things other than purses. Using them seems like a good idea.
3: I need to make some smaller priced items for shows. Items that will permit children to use their allowance, create an add-on for a gift purchase, and give people something to flip through while standing in my booth.
However the design I’ve created doesn’t seem great. I’m not talking about the fabrics. The two of these I’ve made are going to the lovely ladies at the Letter Writers Alliance. (watch your mail Donovan and Kathy). But the actual shape and size. So any advice or thoughts in the comments would be very helpful.