Some cool birthday gift ideas images:
Image by fabola
We spent another magnificent afternoon at Pataphysical Studios this Saturday, making art together … and playing at the edges of time.
Our visitors this week were Jim Neidhardt (now Dr. Neidhardt) and his lovely wife Denise (Dr. Now?), longtime friends of Drs. Rindbrain, Skidz and the Queen of the Desert. Jim showed us the ‘hypno-disks’ he is working on to create experiences like this surreal Duchamp film, Anemic Cinema: youtu.be/AsnhBUp7xxM?t=24s
We had a great conversation and I knew they were like-minded folks when Dr. Neidhardt and I both exclaimed at the same time the same exact phrase: “Life IS Change!”. Jim is interested in contributing to our madcap art adventure, so stay tuned. Learn more about his work at: neidhardtstudio.com/
Throughout the day, we brainstormed more ideas for our new Time Machine, while working on sundry maker art projects:
• Dr. Rindbrain and Canard put the finishing touches on their music box
• Drs. Figurine and Heatshrink prepared to assemble a theremin together
• Dr. Fabio drew a first sketch of what a time controller might look like
• Dr. Igor and Heatshrink both gave Dr. Figurine nice gifts for her birthday
• Dr. Tout de Suite considered lighting up her goggles, chose to paint instead
• Dr. Zboon discussed time travel and made a birthday card for his friend Ernesto
• Dr. Canard created a colorful zen map, inviting other doctors to art it up
• Dr. Rindbrain added more rainbow-colored lights to the Time Machine framework
It was great to stretch out to the edges of time and back again in the company of my friends.
Fire in the hole!
View more ‘Pataphysical photos: www.flickr.com/photos/fabola/albums/72157623637793277
Watch ‘Pataphysical videos: vimeo.com/album/3051039
Learn more about Pataphysical Studios: pataphysics.us/
Image by dccraftaholic128
Happy 28th, Birthday, Laura!
Granted I know I’m not in the picture but why not take a pic of the person who made two cakes for me and sang to me?
Yes, dear Jermaine knows of my shameless obsession with white chocolate chips so being the sweetie that he is, he thought "Why don’t I put some chips in the cake.
FYI, ya’ll, it didn’t work. Both he and I have no idea what happened but when he tried to take the cakes out of the pan, they flopped out. Bless his heart, he did make me another and sang to me at around 11:30pm 🙂
It was a great bday. Yeah, it sucked that I couldn’t play hookie at work because I was out Tuesday-Thursday, but hey…I’m 28 now. I have to be a grown up 🙂 My mom and my friend Lindsey got me a Loopy Ewe gift card so I had a nice thing to think about what to get as the day progressed. That was a pleasant distraction.